Probate & Estates Solicitors
Probate & Estates Solicitors Derry
We are Solicitors in Derry / Londonderry experienced in Probate & Estates and advising on a deceased's affairs. Our Probate and Estates Department will assist the recently bereaved in winding-up the affairs of a loved one in a sensitive and efficient manner. We can apply for the Grant of Probate and provide expert advice on all aspects of the Administration of an Estate.
Administration of Estate Service at a Competitive Price
If a person has made a Will this will set out how the estate is to be distributed but in the absence of a Will the estate passes under the Rules of Intestacy. Probate Solicitors Derry- We can advise as to who is entitled to the proceeds of the Estate and ensure that any assets and property owned by the deceased are transferred to the benficiaries as soon as possible. We will also ensure that any Inheritance Tax issues are resolved rapidly and that all potential Tax Exemptions are used.
The Administration of an Estate may involve applying for Letters of administration, or a Grant of probate, transfers of property, calling in of insurance policies, liquidation of assets, tracing of beneficiaries and negotiation with the HM Revenue & Customs. The workload involved in winding up the affairs of a deceased can be very heavy and the process extremely time consuming. We are here to help and can assist you throughout all or part of the process and may be able to identify Tax Planning opportunities.
Our Administration of Estates service
We provide a full Administration of Estate service at a competitive price to include:
- Dealing with the funeral directors and the Beneficiaries
- Valuing the deceased’s estate for Probate purposes
- Taking advantage of any Tax Planning opportunities
- Completing the Inheritance Tax Account Forms
- Identifying and writing to creditors and debtors
- Calculating the Inheritance Tax due
- Advise on the best way of arranging for the Inheritance Tax to be paid
- Apply to the Probate Registry for the Grant of Probate
- Distribute the estate and account to the Beneficiaries
Call us to discuss:
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- Lifetime Mortgages / Equity Release
We would consider our advice in this area to be of the highest calibre and we provide a Free First Consultation with an experienced Solicitor. Our Probate and Estates department will assist the recently bereaved in winding-up the affairs of a loved one in a sensitive and efficient manner. We can help with Inheritance Tax planning after Death through a Deed of Variation. We can also assist with any Probate queries and also have access to leading Barristers and Tax Planning experts to help our clients when necessary.